- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 7 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 8 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 11 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls F-150 and Mustang Over Deadly Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Explorer, Taurus and Police Interceptors recalls | 23 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems224NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems87NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems67NHTSA complaints: 345
- engine problems41NHTSA complaints: 345
- windows / windshield problems34NHTSA complaints: 15
- electrical problems33NHTSA complaints: 175
- body / paint problems28NHTSA complaints: 281
- exterior accessories problems27NHTSA complaints: 120
- fuel system problems20NHTSA complaints: 78
- clutch problems19NHTSA complaints: 9
- AC / heater problems16NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems13NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems7NHTSA complaints: 52
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 59
- cooling system problems2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 717
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 169
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.