- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 22 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Transit Vans After Reports of Fires recalls | 23 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls 2017 F-150 Over Transmission Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- October 25: Ford Recalls 2018 F-150 Trucks For Shift Lever Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- October 22: Ford Explorer Class-Action Settlement Awaits Appeal Court news | 27 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems227NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems90NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems74NHTSA complaints: 345
- engine problems41NHTSA complaints: 345
- electrical problems34NHTSA complaints: 175
- windows / windshield problems34NHTSA complaints: 15
- body / paint problems28NHTSA complaints: 281
- exterior accessories problems27NHTSA complaints: 120
- fuel system problems23NHTSA complaints: 78
- clutch problems19NHTSA complaints: 9
- AC / heater problems17NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems13NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems7NHTSA complaints: 52
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 59
- cooling system problems2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 717
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 169
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.