- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 3 days ago
- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 7 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 10 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 17 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 24 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems229NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems92NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems75NHTSA complaints: 345
- engine problems41NHTSA complaints: 345
- electrical problems34NHTSA complaints: 175
- windows / windshield problems34NHTSA complaints: 15
- exterior accessories problems28NHTSA complaints: 120
- body / paint problems28NHTSA complaints: 281
- fuel system problems23NHTSA complaints: 78
- clutch problems20NHTSA complaints: 9
- AC / heater problems17NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems13NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems7NHTSA complaints: 52
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 59
- cooling system problems2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 717
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 169
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.