- December 3: Ford Recalls Bronco Sports and Escapes For Brake Issues recalls | 5 days ago
- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 13 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 30 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 43 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 47 days ago
Power Steering Failure
2012 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 116 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (46 reports)
- replace steering assist (15 reports)
- new rack (12 reports)
- replace rack & pinion (12 reports)
- new steering assist (9 reports)
- replace gear (8 reports)