- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 6 days ago
- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 7 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- January 29: Ford Focus Suspension Lawsuit is Over news | 22 days ago
- January 27: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs recalls | 24 days ago
Power Steering Failure
2012 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 70,988 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 75 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (30 reports)
- new rack (11 reports)
- new steering assist (8 reports)
- replace gear (7 reports)
- replace steering assist (7 reports)
- replace rack & pinion (6 reports)