- December 1: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition, 2017 F-53 and F-59 recalls | 11 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 202,000 Explorer SUVs and F-150 Trucks recalls | 11 days ago
- November 25: 2010 Ford Fusion Power Steering Assist Faults Investigated investigations | 17 days ago
- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 23 days ago
- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 46 days ago
Power Steering Failure
2012 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 71,008 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 74 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (30 reports)
- new rack (10 reports)
- new steering assist (8 reports)
- replace gear (7 reports)
- replace steering assist (7 reports)
- replace rack & pinion (6 reports)