- July 24: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Burn Risk recalls | 19 days ago
- July 13: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 30 days ago
- July 1: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350 and F-550 Diesel Trucks recalls | 42 days ago
- July 1: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled recalls | 42 days ago
- June 11: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Issued After Crashes recalls | 62 days ago
Power Steering Failure
2012 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 79,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 107 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (44 reports)
- new rack (12 reports)
- replace steering assist (12 reports)
- replace rack & pinion (10 reports)
- new steering assist (8 reports)
- replace gear (7 reports)