- December 13: Stop Underrides Act: Large Trucks and Trailers Need Guards news | 2 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition, 2017 F-53 and F-59 recalls | 14 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 202,000 Explorer SUVs and F-150 Trucks recalls | 14 days ago
- November 25: 2010 Ford Fusion Power Steering Assist Faults Investigated investigations | 20 days ago
- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 26 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
Worst 2014 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems251NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems34NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems24NHTSA complaints: 197
- steering problems11NHTSA complaints: 56
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 39
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 20
- wheels / hubs problems5NHTSA complaints: 13
- fuel system problems4NHTSA complaints: 52
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 25
- cooling system problems3
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems2
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 21
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- exhaust system problems1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 450
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 57
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.