- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 5 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 6 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 9 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls F-150 and Mustang Over Deadly Airbags recalls | 21 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Explorer, Taurus and Police Interceptors recalls | 21 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
Worst 2014 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems244NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems33NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems24NHTSA complaints: 197
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems9NHTSA complaints: 56
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 39
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 20
- wheels / hubs problems5NHTSA complaints: 13
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 25
- cooling system problems3
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 52
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems2
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 21
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- exhaust system problems1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 450
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 57
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.