- December 1: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition, 2017 F-53 and F-59 recalls | 9 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 202,000 Explorer SUVs and F-150 Trucks recalls | 9 days ago
- November 25: 2010 Ford Fusion Power Steering Assist Faults Investigated investigations | 15 days ago
- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 21 days ago
- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 44 days ago
Bad Hesitation/Jerking When Starting From A Stop Position
2014 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 20,518 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 112 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (62 reports)
- recall on transmission (18 reports)
- no solution (16 reports)
- clutch replacement (8 reports)
- install new clutch shaft (3 reports)
- transmission control module recall (3 reports)