- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 0 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Brake Hose Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150s, Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators recalls | 7 days ago
- June 9: MyFord Touch Settlement Agreement Has Serious Problems: Judge news | 11 days ago
Bad Hesitation/Jerking When Starting From A Stop Position
2014 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 21,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 121 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (61 reports)
- recall on transmission (19 reports)
- no solution (17 reports)
- clutch replacement (9 reports)
- install new clutch shaft (6 reports)
- transmission control module recall (5 reports)