- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 16 days ago
- April 6: Rollaway Danger: Ford F-150, F-650, F-750 and Ford Expedition recalls | 17 days ago
- April 6: Cop Sues Ford Over Alleged Carbon Monoxide Poisoning news | 17 days ago
- April 4: Lawsuit Alleges Weak Ford F-250 Roof Killed Georgia Couple news | 19 days ago
Bad Hesitation/Jerking When Starting From A Stop Position
2014 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 21,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 121 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (61 reports)
- recall on transmission (19 reports)
- no solution (17 reports)
- clutch replacement (9 reports)
- install new clutch shaft (6 reports)
- transmission control module recall (5 reports)