- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 10 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 40 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 42 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 49 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 56 days ago
Bad Hesitation/Jerking When Starting From A Stop Position
2014 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 23,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 133 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (65 reports)
- recall on transmission (20 reports)
- no solution (17 reports)
- clutch replacement (11 reports)
- install new clutch shaft (7 reports)
- transmission control module recall (6 reports)