- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 4 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 10 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 10 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 13 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
2014 Ford Focus Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Bad Hesitation/Jerking When Starting From A Stop Position124
- Shuddering In Transmission45
- Transmission Slips22
- Grinding Noise19
- Hesitation And Stalling12
- The Problem Is Well Known By Ford And The Dealers11
- Transmission Failure10
- Jerks While Shifting7
- Rolls Backwards On Incline With Automatic Transmission7
- Car Stops Moving, But Still Running6
- Not Shifting Properly6
- Dealer Is Authorized By Ford, Legally, To Sell Lemons3
- Loud Rattle2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.