- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 9 days ago
- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 10 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- January 29: Ford Focus Suspension Lawsuit is Over news | 25 days ago
- January 27: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs recalls | 27 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
Worst 2014 Focus Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- bad hesitation/jerking when starting from a stop position117
- shuddering in transmission42
- transmission slips20
- grinding noise19
- hesitation and stalling12
- the problem is well known by ford and the dealers11
- transmission failure8
- rolls backwards on incline with automatic transmission7
- jerks while shifting6
- not shifting properly6
- car stops moving, but still running3
- dealer is authorized by ford, legally, to sell lemons3
- loud rattle2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.