- May 19: Ford Emissions Processes Under Criminal Investigation investigations | 0 days ago
- May 15: Ford Ranger Gear Shift Indicator Cables Cause Recall recalls | 4 days ago
- May 15: Ford Fusion Gear Shift Recall Expanded recalls | 4 days ago
- May 10: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Filed news | 9 days ago
- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 33 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
2014 Ford Focus Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Bad Hesitation/Jerking When Starting From A Stop Position128
- Shuddering In Transmission46
- Transmission Slips22
- Grinding Noise19
- Hesitation And Stalling12
- The Problem Is Well Known By Ford And The Dealers11
- Transmission Failure10
- Jerks While Shifting8
- Rolls Backwards On Incline With Automatic Transmission7
- Car Stops Moving, But Still Running6
- Not Shifting Properly6
- Dealer Is Authorized By Ford, Legally, To Sell Lemons3
- Loud Rattle2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.