- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes Nearly 617,000 Vehicles recalls | 0 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 12 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 44 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 51 days ago
Shuddering In Transmission
2014 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 18,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 47 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced automatic clutch assembly (15 reports)
- not sure (14 reports)
- don't buy a ford (4 reports)
- installed a new tcm and clutch assembly (3 reports)
- parts back ordered feb 2015 (3 reports)
- updated computer (3 reports)