- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes 661,000 Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 14 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 46 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 53 days ago
2015 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Ford Focus & its "Powershift" transmission has a defect trend where the car shudders when accelerating, especially when starting uphill.
Most owners have reported their Ford Focus remains driveable while the vehicle is still at low mileage, but the shuddering is annoying & unpleasant & may reduce the resale value of the vehicle.
However, owners of higher-mileage vehicles from earlier 3rd generation Focus model years report transmission failure & a host of other major & expensive transmission-related problems. Potential buyers beware.
Worst 2015 Ford Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems58NHTSA complaints: 1
- clutch problems12NHTSA complaints: 7
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 69
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 111
- fuel system problems4NHTSA complaints: 106
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 14
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 40
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 269
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 67
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 18
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 11
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 9
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 4
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2015 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.