- March 18: Ford Door Ajar Sensor Lawsuit Says Warning Lights Stay On news | 4 days ago
- March 16: Ford Explorer Exhaust Fumes in the Cabin Causes Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- March 14: Ford Focus and Fusion Recalled For Clutch Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- March 14: Ford Recalls 1.4 Million Cars For Steering Wheels That May Fall Off recalls | 8 days ago
- March 5: 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang Transmissions Overheat: Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
2015 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Ford Focus & its "Powershift" transmission has a defect trend where the car shudders when accelerating, especially when starting uphill.
Most owners have reported their Ford Focus remains driveable while the vehicle is still at low mileage, but the shuddering is annoying & unpleasant & may reduce the resale value of the vehicle.
However, owners of higher-mileage vehicles from earlier 3rd generation Focus model years report transmission failure & a host of other major & expensive transmission-related problems. Potential buyers beware.
Worst 2015 Ford Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems46
- clutch problems8
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 14
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- lights problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 78
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 19
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 5
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2015 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.