- November 9: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Investigation Closed investigations | 3 days ago
- November 5: Ford Recalls Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- October 28: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 16 days ago
- October 24: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall Issued recalls | 20 days ago
- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 28 days ago
2015 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Ford Focus & its "Powershift" transmission has a defect trend where the car shudders when accelerating, especially when starting uphill.
Most owners have reported their Ford Focus remains driveable while the vehicle is still at low mileage, but the shuddering is annoying & unpleasant & may reduce the resale value of the vehicle.
However, owners of higher-mileage vehicles from earlier 3rd generation Focus model years report transmission failure & a host of other major & expensive transmission-related problems. Potential buyers beware.
Worst 2015 Ford Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems54
- clutch problems12NHTSA complaints: 4
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 21
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 30
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- lights problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 109
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 25
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 7
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 5
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2015 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.