- May 19: Ford Emissions Processes Under Criminal Investigation investigations | 5 days ago
- May 15: Ford Ranger Gear Shift Indicator Cables Cause Recall recalls | 9 days ago
- May 15: Ford Fusion Gear Shift Recall Expanded recalls | 9 days ago
- May 10: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Filed news | 14 days ago
- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 38 days ago
Bad Hesitation/Jerking When Starting From A Stop Position
2014 Ford Focus (Page 2 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 21,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 128 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (63 reports)
- recall on transmission (19 reports)
- no solution (17 reports)
- clutch replacement (10 reports)
- install new clutch shaft (7 reports)
- transmission control module recall (5 reports)