- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 4 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 5 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 8 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls F-150 and Mustang Over Deadly Airbags recalls | 20 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Explorer, Taurus and Police Interceptors recalls | 20 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- shudder and vibration sounds on takeoff59
- multiple shifting problems56
- transmission failure35
- hesitation in lower gears21
- transmission as a whole no good17
- upshifts too soon, loses power and speed, dangerous11
- transmission malfunction error message9
- slipping on gear change8
- rolls backward while in gear7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission13
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.