- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 20 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 27 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 34 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls 2.9 Million Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
2012 Ford Focus Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Shudder And Vibration Sounds On Takeoff67
- Multiple Shifting Problems59
- Transmission Failure44
- Hesitation In Lower Gears26
- Transmission As A Whole No Good22
- Transmission Malfunction Error Message11
- Upshifts Too Soon, Loses Power And Speed, Dangerous11
- Slipping On Gear Change10
- Rolls Backward While In Gear9
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission14
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control Module (Tcm, ...5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.