- October 4: Ford Escapes Added to Seatback Recliner Recall recalls | 8 days ago
- October 4: 2020 Ford Explorer Recalled For Wiring Harness Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- October 4: Ford F-Series Super Duty Trucks Recalled For Axle Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- September 18: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed news | 24 days ago
- September 14: Ford Transmission Settlement Appeal: No Settlement news | 28 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
2012 Ford Focus Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Shudder And Vibration Sounds On Takeoff67
- Multiple Shifting Problems59
- Transmission Failure42
- Hesitation In Lower Gears25
- Transmission As A Whole No Good21
- Transmission Malfunction Error Message11
- Upshifts Too Soon, Loses Power And Speed, Dangerous11
- Slipping On Gear Change10
- Rolls Backward While In Gear9
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission14
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.