- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 19 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 26 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 33 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls 2.9 Million Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 33 days ago
2012 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 63,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 44 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (19 reports)
- changed the transmission component module (10 reports)
- replace transmission electronic module (7 reports)
- replace transmission (4 reports)
- transmission replaced (3 reports)
- ford just extended the warranty on trans to 100k (1 reports)