- July 1: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350 and F-550 Diesel Trucks recalls | 2 days ago
- July 1: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled recalls | 2 days ago
- June 11: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Issued After Crashes recalls | 22 days ago
- June 10: Ford Door Latch Recall Says Pawl Spring Tabs Crack recalls | 23 days ago
- June 4: Ford Mustang Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
2012 Ford Focus Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Doesn't Start7
- Acceleration Delay6
- Check Engine Light On6
- Engine Stalls/Cuts Out While Driving5
- Engine Light Illuminates And Transmission Disengages4
- Car Makes Loud Banging Noises3
- Engine Jerks When Moving From Full Stop3
- Engine Overheating2
- Car Stutters When Accelerating1
- Fuel Injector Failure1
- Jumps Out Of Gear/No Check Engine Light1
- O2 Sensor Issue1
- Rear Main Seal Leaking1
- Rough Idle And Misfire On A Cold Start1
- Spark Plug Blew Out1
- Violent Shaking, Knocking In Engine Compartment When Car Is Off1
- NHTSA: Engine373
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control148
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling20
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.