- August 13: Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX Recalled For Brake Hoses recalls | 0 days ago
- July 24: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Burn Risk recalls | 20 days ago
- July 13: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 31 days ago
- July 1: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350 and F-550 Diesel Trucks recalls | 43 days ago
- July 1: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled recalls | 43 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one — it's always been a headache.
2013 Ford Focus Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Jerks, Hesitates When You Take Off106
- Transmission Lags, Shifts Roughly38
- Transmission Failure24
- Computer System For Transmission Stopped Working14
- Grinding Noise When Shifting11
- Transmission Shutters And Fails11
- Clicking And Clattering When Accelerating10
- Automatic Clutch Disengages7
- Clicking Noise When Car Is Shut Off6
- Transmission Overheating5
- Unintended Shifting3
- Throwout Bearing Failed1
- Traction Control Unsafe1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control Module (Tcm, ...4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.