- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 8 days ago
- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 9 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- January 29: Ford Focus Suspension Lawsuit is Over news | 24 days ago
- January 27: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs recalls | 26 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerks, hesitates when you take off101
- transmission lags, shifts roughly38
- transmission failure20
- computer system for transmission stopped working14
- grinding noise when shifting10
- transmission shutters and fails9
- clicking and clattering when accelerating8
- automatic clutch disengages7
- clicking noise when car is shut off6
- transmission overheating5
- unintended shifting2
- traction control unsafe1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.