- July 15: Ford Allegedly Knew About Defective Fiesta and Focus Transmissions news | 5 days ago
- July 12: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCab Trucks For Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 8 days ago
- July 9: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall, Take 2 recalls | 11 days ago
- June 25: Ford Recalls Econolines That May Suddenly Lose Propulsion recalls | 25 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150 Trucks That Received Faulty Recall Repairs recalls | 37 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one — it's always been a headache.
2013 Ford Focus Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Jerks, Hesitates When You Take Off106
- Transmission Lags, Shifts Roughly38
- Transmission Failure24
- Computer System For Transmission Stopped Working14
- Grinding Noise When Shifting11
- Transmission Shutters And Fails11
- Clicking And Clattering When Accelerating10
- Automatic Clutch Disengages7
- Clicking Noise When Car Is Shut Off6
- Transmission Overheating5
- Unintended Shifting3
- Throwout Bearing Failed1
- Traction Control Unsafe1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.