- December 3: Ford Recalls Bronco Sports and Escapes For Brake Issues recalls | 5 days ago
- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 13 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 30 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 43 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 47 days ago
Jerks, Hesitates When You Take Off
2013 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one — it's always been a headache.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 33,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 109 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (52 reports)
- replace clutch (19 reports)
- software update (9 reports)
- waiting for ford to figure out what it takes to repair it (8 reports)
- replaced clutch mechanism (7 reports)
- get a lemon law attorney! (4 reports)