- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 1 days ago
- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 5 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 8 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 15 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 22 days ago
Jerks, Hesitates When You Take Off
2013 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 30,838 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 101 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (49 reports)
- replace clutch (15 reports)
- software update (9 reports)
- waiting for ford to figure out what it takes to repair it (8 reports)
- replaced clutch mechanism (7 reports)
- rebuild tranmission and replaced input shaft seals (4 reports)