- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 2 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 3 days ago
- February 13: Ford F-150 Downshifting Problems Cause Recall of 1.5 Million Trucks recalls | 3 days ago
- February 6: Ford Recalls 2019 Rangers For Rollaway Risk recalls | 10 days ago
- January 19: 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Recall Issued For 2,700 SUVs recalls | 28 days ago
Jerks, Hesitates When You Take Off
2013 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one — it's always been a headache.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 31,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 102 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (49 reports)
- replace clutch (16 reports)
- software update (9 reports)
- waiting for ford to figure out what it takes to repair it (8 reports)
- replaced clutch mechanism (7 reports)
- rebuild tranmission and replaced input shaft seals (4 reports)