- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 2 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 8 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 8 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 11 days ago
Jerks, Hesitates When You Take Off
2013 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one — it's always been a headache.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 31,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 102 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (49 reports)
- replace clutch (16 reports)
- software update (9 reports)
- waiting for ford to figure out what it takes to repair it (8 reports)
- replaced clutch mechanism (7 reports)
- rebuild tranmission and replaced input shaft seals (4 reports)