- December 3: Ford EcoBoost Problems Lead To Class Action Lawsuit news | 0 days ago
- November 30: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Trucks With 7.3L Engines recalls | 3 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 6 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 14 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 18 days ago
Power Steering Failure
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Ford Focus & its "Powershift" transmission has a defect trend where the car shudders when accelerating, especially when starting uphill.
Most owners have reported their Ford Focus remains driveable while the vehicle is still at low mileage, but the shuddering is annoying & unpleasant & may reduce the resale value of the vehicle.
However, owners of higher-mileage vehicles from earlier 3rd generation Focus model years report transmission failure & a host of other major & expensive transmission-related problems. Potential buyers beware.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 30,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- replaced steering rack and pinion assembly (1 reports)