- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 8 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 8 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 12 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 20 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
Worst 2014 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems192NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems26NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems15NHTSA complaints: 186
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 51
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 22
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 33
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- cooling system problems2
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 50
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 403
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 51
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.