- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 1 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 5 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 8 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 25 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 28 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
Worst 2014 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems199NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems26NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems15NHTSA complaints: 193
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 54
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 24
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 36
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- cooling system problems2
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 52
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 427
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 54
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.