- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 9 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 21 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 26 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 32 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 51 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
Worst 2014 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems202NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems27NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems19NHTSA complaints: 197
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 54
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 38
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 21
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 25
- cooling system problems3
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 22
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 52
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 446
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 56
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.