- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 1 days ago
- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 4 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 8 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls Escape and Police Interceptors recalls | 25 days ago
- June 28: Ford Recalls 402,000 Transit Vans For Driveshaft Problems recalls | 26 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
Worst 2014 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems230NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems33NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems23NHTSA complaints: 197
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 39
- steering problems7NHTSA complaints: 56
- wheels / hubs problems5NHTSA complaints: 13
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 21
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 25
- cooling system problems3
- AC / heater problems2
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 52
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 450
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 57
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.