- March 27: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Agreed Upon by Parties news | 1 days ago
- March 27: Ford F-150 Door Latch Lawsuit Says Latches Freeze news | 1 days ago
- March 24: Ford Edge Door Ajar Light Recall Not Necessary, Say Feds investigations | 4 days ago
- March 22: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Says Cars Overheat news | 6 days ago
- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 8 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
Worst 2014 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems213NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems29NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems22NHTSA complaints: 197
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 56
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 39
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 21
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 25
- cooling system problems3
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 52
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 450
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 57
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.