8.3

2. ford should refund my car (1 reports)
2014 Ford Focus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Focus:

2014 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jun 032014

Focus Titanium 2.0L

I just bought a ford focus 2014, received it 2 days ago, and already want to sell the car. The car makes a lot of noises, grinding and crunching sounds, there is a problem with its transmission, one minute the car pauses, the other it just accelerate at once uncontrollable.

I took it already to the dealer, and they said it normal, that's the way it is...I cant believe it.

We have been ford customers for over 15 years, we have had an two expedition, an explorer, and two escapes. We have never had any problems, we have been always satisfied with ford cars.

* I don't think all these noises are normal, nor should a new car make such noise.

* I also don't think it is safe, as its pauses and accelerates on its own on situations where an accident can not be avoided.

* I want to be refunded fully, I cant keep using this car and take risks.

- , Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Aug 012014

Focus SE

I get this grinding noise sometimes with I make a turn or sometimes even when I start to accelerate. I asked Ford about it and they said they heard it once but they couldn't hear it again to tell what it was. I still don't know WTF! They brushed it off as nothing to be concerned about.

- , Inwood, WV, USA

Mar 212014

Focus SE 2.0L

6 days after I bought the car i started hearing the noise. Grinding noise...no wait, sounds like a aluminum cans being crushed, well I don't really know the exact words to describe it. (Freaking' annoying!) The noise happens at slow acceleration; between 15-21 mph. With my car it doesn't matter if am driving it uphill or on flat roads, making a right or left turn as long as I drive it slow I hear it. Clutch slipping? Oh hell yeah! After I make a full stop, a light tap on gas pedal and it would skid. Freaked me out the first time it happened! Thank goodness there's no car in front of me.

My car is in service right now for the fourth time! I just received a call from the service advisor, I was told that whatever noise i hear is normal characteristic of the car. (What?) A brand new car making unwanted noise is normal? Was the car designed to make that noise in the first place? I guess so.

- , Daly City, CA, USA

Nov 152013

Focus SE 2.0L

Similar to others grinding noise , clutch is slipping . Very bad in the beginning , grinding noise is coming just because the clutch is slipping . It is very annoying to drive this car in the city or on the HWY , Will you pass someone with a slipping clutch ? will you turn somewhere quick like right on red ? no . Is that safe ? no

Ford has its opinion , sounds like soon all cars will have a slipping clutch soon and that is normal

After TBS update its little better but not enough . Your car is learning the way you drive !!!! mmmmm How often have yo seen a dry clutch doing better after it slips , never !!!!

2014 Ford focus noticed the problem at 700 miles . Oil leakage maybe the problem , many people said that it is fine after seals replacement in the begging but not after . I am very mechanically included guy and I am thinking that there is something is wrong about the transmission shafts or crankshaft , no matter how many seals they will install , if those mentioned above are bent, not machined correctly or have a play the seals will always leak . In the result the oil will contaminate the clutch .

Please if u are the same as me and many other file a complain here and at http://www.safercar.gov/.

Do not let them go away about that .

- , Bountiful, UT, USA

Oct 182013

Focus SE 2.0L

Bought a great looking car 10/09/2013. I thought I was smart, took two weeks to make the right purchase. 10/18/2013 took it in for a grinding sound when car shifted gears, sounded like a manual transmission shifting from someone NOT KNOWING HOW TO SHIFT. Sunland Ford, Victorville service department went on a test drive with me and said they can't fix the problem and it's normal for this Power Shift 6 Speed transmission. Then handed me a two page detailed document explaining why I hear GRINDING then I drive. The Service Manager, said I drive like an "OLD LADY," I will keep that comment in my pocket to serve me later.... I said,"I want my MPG". I was told by the sales department that MPG depends on the way I drive. www.fueleconomy.gov reports," Aggressive driving, speeding, rapid accelerations and braking wastes 5-33% of gas.Sensible driving is safer for you and other." I have filed complaints with DMV Investigations, www.NMVB.ca.gov, and Consumer Affairs and Traffic and Safety. I have also contacted a Lawyer who loves class action law suits. We will see how this plays out.

- , Pinon Hills, CA, USA

Oct 202013

Focus SE V6

Low grinding sound, (sounds like aluminum cans grinding), after making turns, starting inclines, going up hills. Sound seems to be coming from bottom of front end of car. Cannot hear grinding sound if radio is on low. Just bought the car on 10/01/2013, and it is my first new car purchase. I would not have bought it if I knew about transmission problems on previous year models of Ford Focus.

- , Lake Forest Park, WA, USA