- February 21: Ford Emissions Investigation Opened After Employees Speak Up investigations | 26 days ago
- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 28 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 30 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 33 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 34 days ago
Power Steering Failure
2012 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 79,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 102 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (44 reports)
- new rack (12 reports)
- replace steering assist (11 reports)
- replace rack & pinion (9 reports)
- new steering assist (8 reports)
- replace gear (7 reports)