- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 0 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 0 days ago
- May 22: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fumes Plague Police news | 3 days ago
- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 9 days ago
- April 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed by Judge news | 32 days ago
Jerks, Hesitates When You Take Off
2013 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 29,142 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 91 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (46 reports)
- replace clutch (12 reports)
- software update (9 reports)
- waiting for ford to figure out what it takes to repair it (8 reports)
- replaced clutch mechanism (6 reports)
- rebuild tranmission and replaced input shaft seals (3 reports)