- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 11 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 21 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 27 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 40 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 52 days ago
Jerks, Hesitates When You Take Off
2013 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 29,713 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 84 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (44 reports)
- replace clutch (10 reports)
- software update (9 reports)
- waiting for ford to figure out what it takes to repair it (8 reports)
- replaced clutch mechanism (4 reports)
- rebuild tranmission and replaced input shaft seals (3 reports)