- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 5 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 17 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 22 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 28 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 47 days ago
Jerks, Hesitates When You Take Off
2013 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 29,984 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 77 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (41 reports)
- replace clutch (9 reports)
- software update (7 reports)
- waiting for ford to figure out what it takes to repair it (7 reports)
- replaced clutch mechanism (4 reports)
- rebuild tranmission and replaced input shaft seals (3 reports)