- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 7 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 11 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 14 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 34 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerks, hesitates when you take off73
- transmission lags, shifts roughly37
- transmission failure13
- computer system for transmission stopped working10
- grinding noise when shifting9
- automatic clutch disengages6
- clicking noise when car is shut off6
- transmission shutters and fails6
- clicking and clattering when accelerating5
- transmission overheating4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.