- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 9 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 10 days ago
- February 13: Ford F-150 Downshifting Problems Cause Recall of 1.5 Million Trucks recalls | 10 days ago
- February 6: Ford Recalls 2019 Rangers For Rollaway Risk recalls | 17 days ago
- January 19: 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Recall Issued For 2,700 SUVs recalls | 35 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one — it's always been a headache.
2013 Ford Focus Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Jerks, Hesitates When You Take Off102
- Transmission Lags, Shifts Roughly38
- Transmission Failure22
- Computer System For Transmission Stopped Working14
- Grinding Noise When Shifting11
- Transmission Shutters And Fails11
- Clicking And Clattering When Accelerating10
- Automatic Clutch Disengages7
- Clicking Noise When Car Is Shut Off6
- Transmission Overheating5
- Unintended Shifting3
- Throwout Bearing Failed1
- Traction Control Unsafe1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.