2000 Ford Focus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Focus:

2000 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jun 042006

Focus LX

I took my car in 3 mos. ago b/c the light came on and was stalling. They told me it was the fuel pump, so they replaced it ($280). Then I took my car in again to get a recall check done and have them to look at it again b/c the light was on. The O-Ring broke on my gas cap so it wasn't sealing completely ($89). Next I started smelling gas when I was inside and outside of my vehicle. I thought maybe I spilt gas when I was putting it in, but it started to come through the vents really thick. Then all of a sudden I lost fuel pressure and gas started falling out the bottom of my car. Before I know it I had half a tank left and then none and it stopped on me in traffic while leaving a trail of gas everywhere I went. Talk about gas prices being bad, but when you fill your car up with $27 that morning and then half of it went to the ground you get really pissed off!

- , Sullivan, IN, USA