8.4

1. replace coil spring (6 reports)
  3. covered under recall warrenty (2 reports)
2000 Ford Focus suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Focus:

2000 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Nov 012008

Focus ZX3 2.L

Ford obviously has a problem with this car on springs. I visited this web site and noticed recall information. I have a long history with Fords over 20 years loyal. My problem is have been spoiled. My local dealer Griffith Ford Waukesha WI. has the worst service department I have ever had with any Ford products. Jim the service manager should have the title anti service customer turnoff manager. I travel past this dealer 25 miles to deal with helpful not lazy service managers in Milwaukee.

I had the pleasure of going to Milwaukee and having Fred at Uptown Lincolin Mercury in Milwaukew and in 5 minutes had them honor recall with out any problem free of cost. I can not even get Griffith Ford to give me my free oil changes purchase with my new van for free. What a pompus jerk. But Fords are good to me you need to just be fair and find a like dealer

- , Waukesha, WI, USA

Mar 012008

Focus LX

Broken coil spring but the car was out of warranty. big problem. searched internet and found a customer satisfaction program. they will replace for free if certain criteria are met. see below for the basic information. take this info and vin# to dealer and they will tell you if you qualify.

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers SUBJECT: Customer Satisfaction Program 03M02: Certain 2000 Model Year Focus Vehicles � Additional Coverage for Front Coil Springs OASIS: Yes OWNER LIST: No PROGRAM TERMS: This program extends the coverage on the front coil springs to 10 years of service or 150,000 miles from the vehicle�s warranty start date, whichever occurs first. This coverage will automatically transfer to subsequent owners. If a vehicle already has more than 150,000 miles, this coverage will last until December 31, 2003.

- , Vernal, UT, USA

May 122007

Focus ZTS 2L

seems only some dealerships acknowledge that it is a recall issue, So push the issue when describing your problem.

- , Reston, VA, USA

Jan 252008

Focus TDI 1.8L

I have just come back from the garage after spending £195 on two front coils both snapped at the top, i brought the car in sept 07, and as soon as i got the car home the passenger side front started making a horrid clunking noise, and then yesterday the driver's side started to clunk as well and the nose was almost on the ground! I could not believe this!

And to top that there is still a lot of work needed doing, I spent £2k on this car, I expected to have a safe, drivable car for at least a year after spending that amount of money by the time it has all been fixed it will be almost £1k! Bloody car dealers!

- , Luton, Bedfordshire, UK

Nov 072007

Focus

The spring coils were covered under a Technical recall back in 2005. A technical recall that owners are not told about only the dealer. We have a car in for oil changes to DEALER every 3000 miles, but nothing said, nothing checked. Now the coil springs have to be replaced on according to the customer service at our Ford Dealer and the customer service at Ford, oh we are sorry that has expired and there is nothing that we can do.

UNBELIEVABLE

- , Wayne, NE, USA

Aug 202007

Focus

On July 17th, my car broke down on the way to a Doctor's appt., needless to say I had to find other means of transportation to get to my appt. while my car set off of a side street. After I returned to my car it was determined that the left front spring had literally busted, breaking other things in the process and had to be towed to the local ford garage where I found out that this item had been a recall. I had no rental car on my insurance and the ford garage had no cars to loan me, so I had to inconvenience my parents and borrow one of theirs to go back and forth to work for three days. They ended up fixing both springs on the front, the boot and replacing my tire.

My complaint is that on August 13, 2007, my daughter had my car in town and it broke down once again, they actually thought the transmission had went out of it. It literally had to be pushed off of the road, once again had to be towed to a transmission dealer. The next morning Aug. 14, I called the transmission place and they told me that it was not the transmission that the left front axle had been stripped and broke, I asked if this would have anything to do with the recall that had happened on July 17, they said more than likely. I then called the Ford Garage (Shaffer Ford, Cumberland, MD.) where the recall had been fixed and I was told this was not related. I TOTALLY DISAGREE!!!! Can you help me see if this is all connected? I work hard for my income this took (the repair and also the tow) out of my budget.

- , Oldtown, MD, USA

Aug 012007

Focus SE 2.0L 4 CYC

fixed coil springs in oct of 2006. asked the dealer if there was a recall in july of 2007. they stated i should have received 2 letter around nov of 2004. i did not receive any letter. they said to call ford but if i fixed it after nov 2004 i was screwed. i called ford WHAT A JOKE. I SHOULD HAVE NOT WASTED MY TIME. THEY SAID THEY MAILED THE LETTERS. I KEEP TELLING THEM I DID NOT GET THEM. THEY BLAMED IT ON THE US MAIL. I KEEP TELLING THEM THEY WERE STILL DEFECTIVE. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKING TO A WALL. THEY SAID IT'S THEIR POLICY AND I WAS SCREWED. I FINALLY GOT PISSED OUT AND SAID "FORD SUCKS AND WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD." THEN I HUNG UP ON THE BITCH.

- , Ashtabula, OH, USA

Apr 142007

Focus

it was a bunch of sh*t. for the springs to break. not enough miles on car for that to happen yet. i think the ford company should pay me back the damm money i was out and also for the tow in to the garage.

- , Switz City, IND, USA

Apr 012007

Focus SE ZX4

I have bought a new - 2007 Toyota Prius- it has more parts assembled in US than the Focus did- runs well- handles better- mileage is outstanding and IT'S NOT A FORD

- , Manomet, MA, USA

Mar 122007

Focus

The first spring broke, and then was replaced with the same type of spring. The second one broke and pierced my tire (which was NOT covered under the warrenty). They finally replaced both springs under the recall, but only after I had taken the car in there three times to have the spring replaced. I will be so ready to get rid of this car once I have the money to!

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA

Aug 302006

Focus SE

Just a heads up, the coil spring on the 2000 ford focus is covered under a recall warrenty. I took it in and they replaced both coil springs for free would have cost 700 at tire discounters, or 400 at ford dealer if i had not asked about the recall

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA