2000 Ford Focus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Focus:

2000 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Aug 092008

Focus SE 4

It hesitates into gear going uphill. Worse on rainy days... been driving it like this for 8 months now... once the tranny like comes on I have to pull over and shut off vehicle... once I do that and turn it back on its fine. Also... worse when AC is on... I'm thinking its a sensor... hoping its a sensor! I'm in college and dont have alot of money to pour into this car...

- , Huntingdon, PA, USA

Oct 292006

Focus ZTS 2.0L

The car transaxle light comes on when going over steep mt. passes. The cars performance then drops and the transmission has a hard time shifting gears. To fix the problem I pull over and turn off the car for a time. The engine does not over heat. I've replaced the transmission to solve the problem and still have the same problems.

- , Seattle, WA, USA

Mar 222008

Focus LX 2.0L V4

This car was purchased new in 2000. The transmission is going out for the third time. The first time - in 2000 shortly after I purchased it. I do not remember the exact year the second time, but here I go again - the third go around 2008.

- , Antioch, TN, USA

Feb 222008

This car has been nothing but a pain in the ass since I bought it with less then 6000 miles on it I feel certain that eventually these problems will be recalled as every mechanic I've talked to just smiles and says yep thats been a problem for alot of people ...Yippie ford ya definitely make me want to buy foreign

- , Eddystone, PA, USA