8.9

2. replaced wheel bearings (2 reports)
  3. change the rear drum (1 reports)
  4. i am lucky my husband is able to repair them (1 reports)
  5. replace entire stub & bearings (1 reports)
2000 Ford Focus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Focus:

2000 Ford Focus Owner Comments

May 172012

Focus LS

i have changed the entire rear drums 3x now to get rid of the noise. it is a temporary fix and i have ruined 2 new bearings putting the new ones on because there are rough pieces of metal that catch it when putting it on. I have sanded it down and i am currently looking for a complete rear axle or rear end hoping to get rid of the issue with as little cost as possible.

- , West Salem, OH, USA

Jun 112003

Focus ZTS 2.0L V4

FROM THE BEGINNING I HAVE HAD SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE CAR THE COMPUTER WAS MESSED UP , THE BEARINGS HAVE BEEN REPLACED 4 TIMES . THE IGNITION THE KEY WILL NOT TURN IN THE IGNITION SO I HAVE TO LEAVE THE KEY IN IT , THE SWITCH TO THE HEAT-N- AIR FAN HAS GONE OUT TWO TIMES. THE INTERIOR : VISOR CLIPS BROKE , THE RADIO KNOB TURNED ALL GOOEY . BOTH REAR POWER WINDOW MOTORS WILL NOT HOLD THE GLASS UP .

- , Rutledge, TN, USA

Jan 052003

Focus SE

This problem is recurring. I have had ALL my wheel bearings replaced at least once, not to mention SEVERAL other problems. After having several of the bearings replaced I asked my mechanic why this continued to happen...was it something I did? Maybe my driving ...nope... part of the wheel bearings are made of plastic...PLASTIC?!?

- , Nashville, TN, USA

May 282007

Focus SE Z-TEC DOHC

Nothing like laying on the frozen ground trying to fix this sh*t in the middle of winter. Ford knows there is a problem with the seals. But no recall was ever issued. Let one of the Ford Family come down and fix the next damn problem with it

- , Hollister, MO, USA

Sep 102007

Focus ZX3

I just noticed that my wheel bearings have gone bad. Now I am tryign to figure out what to do, where to go, who is paying for it.

63200 miles is too early for the failure

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jul 112007

Focus 2.0L V4

I was informed that my right front wheel bearing was "shot" when I had my 2000 Ford Focus in for repairs with the engine light being on and poor engine performance. I was also told the left front bearing was going and needed replaced very soon. Not a normal problem even at 85,000 miles. Ford needs to have some major re-calls on this vehicle and year!!

- , Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Jul 212002

Focus SE

I noticed a whirring sound in the front end with a little bit of wobble in the steering wheel and a definate shaking when appplying the brakes. Ford replaced the L front wheel bearing. I got the car back and it was much improved but still not right. Seems like the right side might be having the same problem. I worry because the warranty is about to expire.

- , Tucson, AZ, USA