4.0

2001 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Feb 012009

Focus SE

I don't smoke so I only noticed it when I tried using it to plug the mp3 player into it.

- , Laramie, WY, USA

Apr 012009

Focus ZX3 2.0L

The Cigarette lighter doesnt work anymore, and right before it died, when you tried to use the lighter it just popped out when done.

Too much of a pita to pay to have it fixed - but also a pain when my phone charger doesnt work, and this car doesnt have the second port like some of the other cars.

- , Lake Mary, FL, USA

Jul 152001

Focus LX 2.0L

When using the cig lighter, once it got hot, it would just literally shoot out of te slot and on to whatever and try to burn something!

- , Medford, OR, USA

Apr 302006

Focus

I admit I am a cigarette smoker and it is a fairly convenient thing to have a lighter in your car instead of having to reach for one from your purse or pocket. One day I popped the lighter in to warm up, and it never popped out. It won't work to charge a cell phone nothing. I it is completely dead! Ive been told it'll cost about $300 to replace and find the problem! Talk about ridiculous! I HATE THIS CAR!

- , Albuquerque, NM, USA