2. replaced coil (1 reports)
  3. speed sensor on the transaxle (1 reports)
2001 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jun 112014

Focus SE 3.2L

My 2001 Ford Focus SE has the same problem with the odometer and speedometer, not only does it go down to 0 it flips up to 100 or so and then it pulses back and forth from 20 to about 60 and then down to 0.

When it does that it tries to stall on me.

- , Edgewood, N,M, USA

Jan 112008

Focus SE 2.0L

same problems as stated. speed sensor on the trans

- , Beverly Hills, CA, USA

Oct 152009

Focus LX

I have had the same problem as some others with the speedometer on my 2001 Ford Focus. Intermittently I will be driving down the freeway when my radio volume fades prompting me to look at the dash. The speedometer and everything else on the dash has dropped to zero. It has happened on average once a month for the last 6 months until this week. It happened last night on my way home and again this morning. It took longer today to pop back up and register my speed. I hope Ford sees these comments from across the USA, Canada, and Europe. This doesn't sound like a fluke problem to me. Has anyone found a fix?

- , Spokane, WA, USA

Nov 302008

Focus ZX3 Zetek

my speedometor drop to zero when I'm driving along, and the come back. No other electrical problems are apparent. The auto volume on the radio also drops when the speed drops.

- , Lewis Center, OH, USA

Apr 142008

Focus SE 2.0L

I have been having the same problem. I have a 2001 Focus w/ 138,000 miles. It has been a great car. For the past week or so I will be driving and then all three gauges RPMs, MPH, and fuel goes all the way to zero. I am not sure what the problem. My headlights and dash light have also been diming off and on. Very frustrating when I am trying to drive at night. If anyone has any ideas please help. Thanks

- , Shepherdsville, KY, USA

Apr 272007

Focus SE 2.0L

I don't know what the problem is - I'll be driving along, and then my Speedo & Odo stop working... They register ZERO... Then, poof, it comes back... Happens once a week or so, Ford says they've never heard of this problem with the Focus, and to bring it in for the $150.00 plug into the computer :(

- , Edmonton, AB, Canada

Nov 122006

Focus LX 1.6

Speed indicator and mileage goes to zero. Nothing indicated with diagnostic tests

- , Swanage, Dorset, England