2001 Ford Focus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Dec 022014

It start with door busting all the time, then I switch it it want crank, just bust.

- Mcbee, SC, USA

Jun 102013

I have a 2001 Ford Focus LX with 199,871 miles on it and its my first Ford car. I have owned many of Ford trucks in my life and always fixed problems with them myself. But with my Focus, every time in the past 4 years when I turn a corner roughly around 15 mph or over, it cuts out and the car bogs out and jumps like the engine is going to jump out then I get a bad smell almost like sulfur coming from the car. All fluid levels are good with a full gas tank. This happens whether the car is hot or cold. Usually I can just punch the gas pedal to the floor and it will eventually gain RPM's again and go with no problems until I turn sharp again. I have recently replaced spark plugs and cables, alternator, transmission and clutch plate, fuel pump and various PCV valves and hoses. Had the fuel pressure tested and it was fine. This problem has been consistent like this for the past 4 years with no other problems. I have always been a Ford guru but this car is making me think twice. I have 2 small children that go with me almost everywhere with me and just today as I turned a corner getting on the highway ramp, it bogged out worse then ever with many angry drivers on my tail. I thought I was going to crash the car into the guard rail. I hit the pedal to the floor like I usually do and it started going again, but in fifth gear it kept jumping and cutting out. I turned off the side of the road to turn the car off then back on and it ran fine all the way home. I have read many forums with the same issues on my make and model and tried many solutions with no luck. With your expertise, do you have any ideas why this is happening. I see this problem allot with Focus but never any working solutions.

- Bellingham, WA, USA

Feb 162009

Battery positive terminal corrosion on my 2001 Ford Focus have replaced battery twice and alternator once because of no start, dead battery and alternator. Battery cable shows battery corrosion.

- Bradenton, FL, USA