2001 Ford Focus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jul 132001

Focus

I own a 2001 Ford Focus automatic transmission. I was parked on a flat surface, when someone backed up into my car, they only moved 3 feet didn't do any damage to teh bumpber, but from that slight hit it sent my car free wheeling in park 175 feet, across a road, and slamming into 3 trees totalling out the rear of the car. Luckily no one was hurt nor in the car at the time fo this accident. When I got into my car I expected to see the geer shifter broken but it wasn't it still worked. My car was the way I left it just 175 feet down teh road. This is not right! two of teh main safety feature failed on this car. Ford sent out an investigartor who looked over the car, pushed on the car with their hands, but never took the transmission aprt to see if there was any damage. Now Ford said there is nothing wrong with my car and it is perfectly safe. I am very unhappy, I am stuch with a car I don't want any more, dont trust, and now becuase of the damage unable to trade in. I have only owned this car since Oct of 2000. I feel that this is a major defect in the car and Ford is just trying to cover it up.

- Eglin, FL, USA

Apr 162001

Focus

While backing into driveway, vehicle suddenly accelerated. Consumer could not stop vehicle, vehicle hit tree. Vehicle was totalled. The consumer had minor injuries during the accident but vehicle was totaled. The consumer believes some kind of defect caused the vehicle to suddenly accelerate on its own.

- Greensborough, NC, USA