Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

2. dealership replaced broken bolt (1 reports)
2002 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jan 082012

Focus LS 4

Every since i brought this car I have had nothing but problems. From having to replace the engine, to the ignition, then starter, now my steering wheel has come off. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD MODEL CAR AGAIN. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER AND I HAVE ONLY HAD THE CAR FOR A YEAR. (I brought it from a dealer).

- , Chicago, IL, USA

May 062008

Focus SE

Shocking, but I've heard of this happening to 2 other people in non-Ford vehicles.

- , Bellingham, WA, USA

Oct 142007

MY STEERING WHEEL FELL OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS FU**ING RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND I HAVENT FOUND ANYTHING LIKE THIS HAPPENING TO ANOTHER DRIVER!! I HATE FORD!!!!!!! THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER FORD MADE VEHICLE EVER AGAIN!!!! MY STEERING WHEEL FELL OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA