CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

4.9

2002 Ford Focus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

May 112004

Focus 4-cyl

My 2002 Focus needed front brake pads and rotors at 20K miles. My repair shop says Ford uses a very soft compound on the brakes and rotors causing them to wear quickly. My local Ford service center says I am lucky because he sees this type of repiar needed at 13-14K for the Focus. After calling my local Ford dealership, and Ford directly, I was told that my warranty does not cover "wear items". at about $300 to repair, this is totally unsatisfactory. I'll never buy a Ford again, and I am joining the class action lawsuit at www.focusbrakesclassaction.com

- Oceanside, CA, USA