8.0

1. replace alternator (3 reports)
  2. Ford dealer repaired, out of warranty of course (1 reports)
2002 Ford Focus electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Dec 022007

Focus SE 2.0L 4 Cl

I have to replace my alternator every 6 months. I don't know what to do. And the check engine light is always on.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 152007

Focus ZTS 2.0L

Something that should be so easy to replace turned into a typical all day Ford nightmare. All alternators eventually fail but nothing should be so hard to replace.

- , St Charles, MO, USA

Oct 182007

Focus

The car is 5 years old and I was just about to make my last payment. The radio started fading out about a week before the car died. Thought it was the battery, but after replacing that, found it was the alternator. The car still does not run properly. Not sure if it's the auto shop or another problem with the car. It only has 31,000 miles on it. Aren't engines supposed to last longer than this?

- , Seattle, WA, USA

Sep 282007

Focus

Had to get a new battery and then found out it was the alternator. Car only 4 years old.

- , Norristown, PA, USA