CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

7.3

1. had swaybar linkage replaced (1 reports)
  3. replaced bushings (1 reports)
2002 Ford Focus suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Sep 132013

Focus SE 3.0L

I just bought the ford focus se 8 months ago and the problem I am having with the coil spring being cracked it was on recall last year. 2012 now ford says they cant fix it its up to me to fix its going to cost me 500.00 if not more really this isn't fair I have a 2002 ford focus se it is making it rough we need our car to get around I am afraid to drive it due to I had a 2005 jeep liberty in 2006 it caused me to have a collision I really got hurt in it and found out 2 days after the accident aug 26 2006 it was bought at ford in Hillsboro ohio so I am not happy with ford again. how can I get help I am not made of money.

- , Dayton, OH, USA

Jul 122007

Focus ZX5 2.0L 4 cyl Zetec

heard creaking noise when turning a corner and a thumping noise when hitting even a small bump. car would lean alot and handled bad. Took to mechanic and was told swaybar linkage was broken. Just one of many problems with this junk.

- , Searsport, ME, USA

Apr 282006

Focus ZTS 2.0L

Loud, creaking noise when car would lean in turns, etc. Dealership had to replace the bushings under warranty.

- , St Charles, MO, USA