2003 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Focus:

2003 Ford Focus Owner Comments

May 242006

Focus ZX3 Power Premium 2.0L Zetec

I purchase the Power Premium trim level on the ZX3. I ordered "premium audio" to be installed with the subwoofer. A good audiophile system, really. But with the "premium" moniker attached to the accessory name, you'd expect premium performance. I was very impressed with the fidelity of the audio until something strange met my imbalance of sound from the interior. So I started fiddling with the BAL (l to r) and FADE (f to r) until I found a stupid speaker was not working. I put full directional adjustment to that speaker and blasted the volume open, and "WHAM!!" the speaker started working again. I remember doing this on my dad's farm truck that had connection problems. So after a lot of annoyance, I finally took the door panel off at my brother's place and got down to the speaker connection wires. We put some electrical contact grease on the connector spades and shoved it back together. Well after a while later, it starts to happen again. I don't know if it could be a connection problem up the line somewhere, but it's not befitting of a "premium" audio system to have these issues. The 6 disc in-dash changer has only had on hiccup since 2003, but I don't use it that much with my new iPod getting more attention.

- , Rockford, MN, USA