8.8

2003 Ford Focus body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Focus:

2003 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Aug 112009

Focus

Water leaked into car from window shield at every heavy rain, which filled the floorboard with about 3 inches of water. This also caused the heater fan to burn out, which stopped the heated/air to stop working.

- , Dinuba, CA, USA

Jun 202006

Focus

So I had the car for I'd say a few months with no problems. It could rain and nothing would happen. Then one very rainy day I go out to my car to find a pond waiting for me. The whole passenger side of the car was flooded. It was horrible. I had to (after it stopped raining) go and shop vac the water out. And the the car had a nasty smell until it was dry. It was a very unpleasant experience. I have had multiple problems with this car.

- , Machesney Park, IL, USA

Oct 272007

Focus ZX3

Had a huge puddle on the passanger side floor after a night of light rain, never happened before or since and I couldn't find out where it was coming from. I looked around the window seal and it looked like the sealant had rotted or something, could probably fix with some silicone sealant between the window and seal. What a pain!

- , Hellertown, PA, USA

Jun 212007

Focus 4cyl

One rainy morning, I went to go warm up my car and found "Lake Focus." Water was leaking in from under the dash somewhere. Considering all the other problems this car has given me, I have not been able to fix it yet, so I had to actually remove the drain plug under the carpet to prevent the whole passenger side from flooding!

- , Dorrington, CA, USA

Jul 052006

Focus SE

after a few days of heavy rain, came out to get into my car to see a puddle of water on my passenger side floor. It was coming from under the dash. WHO KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THAT WAS.. ONLY HAPPENED ONCE.

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA