2. check airbags for proper operation (1 reports)
2004 Ford Focus seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Focus:

2004 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Nov 202014

Focus SE 2.3L

I owned another Ford Focus in the past. I think they are good cars but I was shocked to see no air bags deployed, especially since I had a very severe front, rear, side and roof damage. Even The CHP Officer was shocked. I'm very lucky I only have minor injuries even though my car is totaled.

- , Sylmar, CA, USA

Oct 312014

Focus LS

I got in a wreak when the cars in front of me stop suddenly. The front of my car is bad! Hood is crumpled, radiator fluid leaking out. You'd think the air bag would have gone off but it didn't. The estimate came up to over $3800.

- , Sioux Falls, SD, USA

Nov 232004

Focus ZTS

Have heard from at least 4 other people that their air bags never deployed in front end accident with significant front end damage. My car had $7000-8000 damage to the front end and they never deployed. Tried getting a hold of Ford, they were going to have their attorneys call or write me...never heard a word!

- , Mason City, IA, USA