2005 Ford Focus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Focus:

2005 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jun 202006

Focus 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Focus. The vehicle has Goodyear Eagle rs-a tires, size P19560R15. The contact stated that the tires were defective and the steel belt was visible. Due to the low mileage on the tires, the failure should not have occurred. He also noticed wear on the tires. The contact took the vehicle to the Goodyear dealer and they replaced all four tires. Recently, the front tires malfunctioned. The dealer replaced the front tires in December of 2007 with kumho tires. There had been no further occurrences since the replacement. Currently, the rear tires are defective. The purchase date and dot number were unknown. The current mileage was approximately 75,000 and failure mileage was approximately 26,000.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Feb 282008

Focus 4-cyl

Bought 2005 Focus ZX5 new. Orig tires pirelli. Lost air constantly. No one would honr or fix. I had to buy new tires with only 2,245 miles on the car. Goodrich 205/50-16 which the tire dealer said is made for Focus. The Ford dealer said the tires were the wrong tire for Focus. Now the tires have 24,000 miles on them and they are bald. Ford dealer denies he told me tires were wrong and I am now facing having to buy new tires again. Dealer will not help. Tire dealer says "oh well" the car does terrible on wet & snow-icy roads even at 15 to 35 miles an hour. What am I to do" why is Focus known for abnormal tire wear per tsb's and the dealers will not help" this happens all the time, last time was 3/17/08.

- Spencerville, OH, USA

Nov 192006

Focus 4-cyl

I was westbound on 5th St. In olivehurst, ca, and headed to olivehurst drive. The conditions were dry and cool, and the speed limit was 25 mph. I had not yet come up to the speed limit (below 10 mph) when my front end began to shake. Seconds later, my passenger and I heard a loud bang, and the front end swerved sharply to the right. I tried to correct to the left, and ended up clipping a pole (on the right side of the road) instead of hitting it head on. My passenger sustained a blow to his knee. No other injuries occurred, and we did not feel it necessary to call an ambulance. As there was minimal scrapes on the power pole, and my car was not covered for collision damage, I did not notify the authorities. My right front tire was bent inward, and the tire was blown down the center of the tread. Upon replacing the tire with the spare, we found that the a arm had separated from the rotor, and the right cv axle had pulled away from the transmission, effectively disabling my car. The tire in question is a Goodyear Eagle rs-a P195/60R15; the original tire from the purchase date of 9/13/05, and with less than 27,000 miles on the odometer. The tires were close to bald prior to the blowout, and I had been considering taking them in for a warranty replacement due to their short lifespan. I have had prior tire rotations done at larry geweke Ford in yuba city, and they had not informed me of any tread wear problems at the time for this particular tire. This type of defect could have easily killed myself and my passenger if it had occurred at higher speeds.

- Marysville, CA, USA

May 132006

Focus 4-cyl

My car kept stalling in the middle of the road and at stop signs and where ever it felt like. This started at about 20,000 miles. Then just before it got to 36,000 miles it would stall when ever it became hot. As I was going up and down the mountain passes in Washington, Oregon and California it would just stop running every mile. It was very dangerous as I had cars behind me and truckers on all sides and the car would just quit at 65 mph or what ever speed I was at. I had mad truckers and mad cars and trucks, but I didn't know what the problem was. When I limped home (780 miles) I got the car in to be checked and found that it was the fuel rail sensor. I called Ford and they refused to cover it under warranty. I was forced to pay for a faulty part out of my own pocket. Then last week I saw on the news that Toyota and another company had recalled their vehicles for the same exact part. I called Ford today again and they are still refusing to admit that this is dangerous on their cars. It seems to be ok to recall other vehicles, but Ford thinks their !@#$% doesn't stink as we say on the farm. I want thios rectified. If other manufacturers think this is a problem. I think Ford should buck up and admit that their vehicles could possibly have the same problem and that they should be fixed under warranty. I will never buy another Ford if this is the way they treat customers who have a problem with the Ford cars. Gayle sorensen

- Fallon, NV, USA

Apr 102005

Focus 4-cyl

2005 Ford Focus experiencing problems with the brake equipment and the tire tread on the front two tires. The brake rotors and pads where bad. Dealer told consumer all Focus disc brakes wear like that, with grooves on rotors and pads. Consumer's son was on I-95 and had to stop fast and tires got soft spots and flatten out and tread came apart. Manufacturer wouldn't warranty the 2 front tires and the consumer had to buy new ones.

- Orlando, FL, USA