3.3

2007 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Focus:

2007 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Apr 182011

Focus

This is not a safety complaint, but it is a complaint about a defective component that affects comfort, if not safety. My wife and I both bought new 2007 Ford focuses. Soon after my car went out of warranty (at about 37,000 miles in fall 2009), the air recirculation function on the A/C stopped working. The indicator light goes on, but the air continues to be drawn from outside. I took my car to my dealer and was told that the motor that opens and closes a vent door had died. It would cost about $600 for the motor, plus the labor cost of removing the dash to access the motor. Because of the huge expense, I decided to live with the problem. Now my wife's car has the developed the same problem (at 21,000 miles). Her air recirculation button also has stopped working. I checked the internet and saw several other owners' complaints about the same problem in their 2007 focuses. It seems to me that there is a fairly widespread problem with this motor in 2007 focuses. I am asking you to initiate a recall, so that people with this problem can get their cars fixed and have their A/C work properly.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 192010

Focus

Ford Focus, 2007 the gear shift in my 07 Ford Focus just fell off into my hand! I was at the store, and put it into reverse, and the button that you depress to shift into reverse popped out, followed by the spring mechanism that holds it into place in the gear column. I tried to put it back in, and finally was able to reach in and depress a small button, thus enabling me to shift it into drive and take it home. I called the dealership where I bought it, and my warranty has expired. (of course). I also called Ford, and there is no recall in effect. The part costs over $1500. To replace. Being a single mom (disabled) and not working, I can not afford this! with the amount of complaints on this issue that I have read online, it seems to me that a recall is in order!

- Portland, ME, USA