2007 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Focus:

2007 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Apr 012015

There is a non-isolated safety issue involving the seats used in the 2007 Ford Focus. There are countless forum threads regarding the poor build quality of the seats used in this particular model of Ford. The back of the seat frame bends with little to no pressure and the condition of the seat back slowly but progressively deteriorates. This poses a serious safety hazard in the event of a collision, particularly in an incident where my vehicle is rear ended. Not only would the airbags deploy in the wrong direction, but the driver would not be properly protected in the event of a collision. I suffer from severe back pain just by driving the vehicle under normal conditions, let alone in the aftermath of an accident. There is no cost effective way and legal way to resolve this issue. Ford Motor Company sells the oem seats (which are all prone to seatback failure regardless) for $3,000. The only other option available to consumers is to purchase aftermarket seats. However, in states which require annual vehicle inspection stickers, there is no legal way to install aftermarket seats because by doing so, an airbag error light will illuminate on the dash, thereby automatically failing the car's inspection. The vehicle was in motion at the time of the incident. While speaking to a representative of the Ford motor vehicle company, I was informed that there is "regretfully, no recalls at this time for the issue I was experiencing" and "that there is no credible safety defect involving the seat."

- Ware, MA, USA

Apr 152015

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Focus. The contact stated that the driver seat was fractured and leaned towards the front of the passenger seat. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer where it was diagnosed that the seat needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that it was not a safety issue. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 92,500.

- Ware, MA, USA

Feb 012009

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Focus. The contact stated that while starting the vehicle the air bag light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the air bag system failed. The vehicle was repaired but the failure reccurred several addition, the contact stated that while entering the vehicle it was found that the driver front seat was the problem. The vehicle was driven to the dealer where it was confirmed that the cushion of the seat became disconnected from the body. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 200 and the current mileage was 61,000.

- Marstown, NJ, USA

Sep 012011

Focus 4-cyl

My 2007 Ford Focus has (had) heated seats. Late winter of 2011, my driver seat would become very, very hot, and I would turn it off because it would become so uncomfortable. I found out this fall that this heated seat no longer works. I have checked the fuse and it is fine. The indicator light goes on when pushed, but no heat. I would not be surprised to have a burned spot on the heating pad. I believe that Ford should recall this as it is a hazard. You could be burned by a hot seat before it burns out. It could start a fire. I would like to see this repaired by Ford as they have numerous styles of vehicles with heated seat problems. Please make them repair this problem for us owners. I do not have out of pocket funds to have this repaired by a dealship.

- Bay City, MI, USA

Jun 262009

I was involved in a rear end collision in my 2007 Ford Focus St. I was at a stop light and was rear ended by a tractor trailer traveling at approximately 20 - 25 mph. Upon impact the upper half of my drivers seat gave way causing my upper body to fall onto the lower part of the rear seat. It appeared the recliner mechanism gave out during the impact. This was something I was not prepared for. I was now in a position where my head was fully exposed to the on coming truck. There are multiple front safety features and only the seat back for rear safety features. If someone was sitting in the back seat behind my drivers seat they would have been seriously injured. I sent Ford Motor Company information regarding my concern with the reclining mechanism in December of 2009, on April 16, 2010 or there about Ford issued a recall for the exact concerns I had with my vehicle. However, my vehicle was not listed in the recall. This concerns me.

- Reno, NV, USA