2007 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Focus:

2007 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Nov 042016

Focus

The front driver's side door latch mechanism will not catch all the time and requires several times shutting the door before it will catch. Also, occasionally while driving the door will become unlatched and open on its own. I've seen many complaints about this online and there has been a recall on other years with the same part but not on the 2007 Focus.

- Loveland, OH, USA

Nov 012013

Focus

The air bag light indicating that the passenger air bag even when there's a passenger on board will indicate the airbag is off. It has been doing this everysince I got the car 4 years ago. Now I have a child and people who ride in the passenger seat and safety has become a huge concern there are many reports online of this issue including on here. My family and I cannot afford to replace this or fix this our selves to my knowledge the only aftermarket parts on my car our the tires and all of the mounts. For the original manufactured mounts failed and broke.

- Madill, OK, USA

Mar 132016

Focus

Rear passenger door no longer locks, either automatically or manually attempting to press the lock latch. Issue is the same with child lock engaged or disengaged. Vehicle is stationary.

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Jan 012016

Focus

We took my wife's 2007 Ford Focus in for oil change and tire rotation and the mechanic said that tires need to be rotated on the Ford Focus's at every oil change to help with the life but from what I have read that doesn't make any difference at all they are notorious for wearing an ruining tires. So what is the deal do we have to have deep pockets or be sitting on a pile of money to keep replacing tires or can Ford be made to help compensate the consumer's for a problem they created and are just letting it go.

- Woodburn, IN, USA

Dec 252015

Focus

My car is having some transmission problems. It will not shift into a higher speed and will not go into reverse. The overdrive off light keeps flashing even though I turned my overdrive on and my car isn't that high in mileage.

- Palmerton, PA, USA

Jul 252015

Focus

The hatchbatch door worked well then a few minuets later I opened it, it will not stay up and slams down there was not incident of injury it but is a danger it will not stay open.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

May 302015

Focus

We were driving North at 50 mph, man going East rolled through stop sign. He T-boned us square in both driver side doors, rolling us over twice, landing back on the driver side of the car. Out of 7 airbags only one deployed. The air bag that deployed was on the passenger seat on the opposite side of where the impact occurred. I have the car, it has been untouched other than tow truck company and is locked in my parents garage, as we don't know what to do with it or next. We have tons of pictures. Pictures of the car, the scene, we have it all. Thank you

- Macomb, MI, USA

May 142012

Focus

With no accident, trauma or unusual event, my air bag warning light began to come on and off intermittently. After about a week, it stayed on. I took it to a Ford dealership. For $119.16, they diagnosed it as codes B1868 - airbag lamp failure and B2232 airbag circuit open loop #2 front driver's seat. It would cost $1,100 to replace the module.

- Marlboro, NY, USA

Aug 102011

Focus

The ignition key would not turn. The repair cost $305 and Ford will not cover the expense under the extracare extended warranty. My research indicates that this is a problem that has been going on since 2000. I had a 2003 Ford Focus and I experienced the same exact problem. I assumed when I purchased my 2007 and 2010 Ford Focus that this problem had been addressed by Ford. I looked up the 2003 Ford Focus on your database and found 247 complaints regarding this problem.. the 2007 Ford Focus has only 10 complaints but it appears that the mileage has to be over 30,000 miles.

- Danvers, MA, USA

Jun 012010

Focus

2007 Ford Focus. Consumer was killed in an accident. The vehicle was equipped with a black box and the lawyer has been attempting to get the manufacturer of the black box to download the rcm, but has been unsuccessful. On July 2009, the lawyer for the deceased was informed by one of the attorneys for Ford Motor Company, that they were in contact with the manufacturer regarding the download of the rcm information and were advised that there was no way to download that particular model in the United States and they would have to forward the unit to germany to download the information. The lawyers office still has not received any information and believed the black box manufactured by Bosch is a fraud and that the black box does not maintain any information. Lawyer wrote in on behalf of the estate of the deceased.

- Commack, NY, USA

Mar 292010

Focus

First incident - December, 2007-stopped in traffic, experienced sudden acceleration, applied brake and shifted car into neutral. Tapped accelerator three times, idle returned to normal. Second incident - December, 2007, while exiting store parking lot, I stopped and waited for traffic to clear on main highway. Car had sudden acceleration, RPM's went up to 6000. Immediately shifted to neutral, tapped accelerator three times, idle returned to normal. Took car to dealer after second incident. They reported they could not find anything wrong at that time. Third incident - April, 2008 - slowing down in traffic, going approx. 5 miles per hour, experienced sudden acceleration at about 3000 RPM's. immediately shifted into neutral, tapped accelerator three times, vehicle then returned to normal idle. Fourth incident - March 29, 2010 - while pulling into a parking spot at a kroger store I turned right into the spot, coasted into the spot and had foot over brake pedal. Experienced sudden acceleration, car surged forward, I pressed brake pedal, but car crashed into bumper of vehicle in parking spot across from me. Took car to dealer, but once again, dealer said they were unable to verify concern. First three incidents, my husband, david gerard was driving the vehicle. I was driving the car during the last incident in March, 2010.

- Canton, MI, USA