Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Even though the first model year of a major redesign should typically be avoided, Ford did a good job & the 2008 Ford Focus doesn't appear to have any major defects.

That said, the following model years of this 2nd generation Focus (2009-2011) do appear to be slightly better.

1. replace handle assembly (2 reports)
2008 Ford Focus accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Focus:

2008 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jan 152014

About 3 years after I bought this car new I had 3 doors that wouldn't open because of broken door handles! I got them fixed with the extended warranty, it stil cost me $200. Now 3 years later I have 2 doors that won't open because of broken door handles, one of them is the drivers door!!

It's at the shop now to get fixed and will cost me another $200 even though it is covered under the extended warranty! These are the cheapest door handles I've ever seen. I will never buy another Ford and I tell everyone who will listen to my story. I wouldn't recommend a Focus ever!! There should be a recall on these!! Very dangerous, how would you get out of the door if you're in a wreck.

- , Boonville, MO, USA

May 082013

the price to replace this part is outrageous. Never will buy anything from ford again.

- , Jackson,s Arm, NL, canada

Mar 012012

Focus S 1.6L

I spoke with my local Ford Dealer and he said yep it is a known flaw with the 2006 and later ford focus's and the only recourse is to replace at a cost of 142.00 per handle assembly

- , Dushore, PA, USA