2009 Ford Focus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Focus:

2009 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jan 202011

Focus ES 4

I purchased the vehicle in October of 2010, at a Ford Lincoln Mercury dealer the car had 37,000 miles four months later I'm trying to leave a parking garage and my vehicle won't reverse. I got out of my car to see if there was something underneath it or if I hit something and it was leaking but nothing! I kept trying and trying and it finally moved or should I say JOLTED really hard then stopped. Then I put it in drive and it wouldn't go either after many attempts it finally moved. When I called the dealership to complain I got nothing but a tough luck from the manager. I looked online and found that many people who bought cars from this dealership had problems with their vehicle it wasn't until I threatened to report them to lemon law that he was cooperative in assisting me. The next day Ford towed my car to a service center where they said it was the transmission and something got "jammed" in the transmission and they replaced it with a new one at no additional cost to me. Problem solved right? WRONG... Here is the best part it is a little over a year since and today I go to reverse my car and THE SAME PROBLEM HAPPENS AGAIN!!!!

I get my car serviced when it needs to be serviced, I take care of my car and yet I find it very odd how the same problem has happened to my car again? it doesn't make sense! Something is not right, here I go again wasting time and money to take my car to Ford.

- , San Francisco, CA, USA