2015 Ford Focus body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Focus:

2015 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Nov 302016

Focus

I rented a vehicle from enterprise rent-A-car. I did not receive the vehicle I reserved and paid for. Three out of the four vehicles set aside for uber drivers were badly stained on the inside and not washed on the outside. The only vehicle option left for me to drive for uber was a 2015 Ford Focus, which was stained on the inside and not washed on the outside. I tried to ask for a refund and was told I had already paid for the rental and was locked into the agreement as an uber driver. I asked for a better vehicle and was told they did not have any at the time for me to trade the last vehicle out for. Basically, I was stuck with the vehicle. The car begins to jerk as I accelerate or drive. I informed the rental car branch, rental car customer service, and the rental car corporate office. None of these departments/divisions of enterprise rent-A-car seem to be concerned regarding the condition of the car nor how it functions. My uber passengers (esp. Male passengers) have brought it to my attention that it feels like the transmission is slipping and that I need to get it fixed. I have escalated the matter to uber so they are aware that enterprise is not maintaining the cars designated for uber drivers nor meeting their standards. I have contacted enterprise on numerous occasions to be put in another car or get my money back and they will not take ownership for their wrongdoing nor rectify the situation. The condition of the car and how it runs has affected my uber driver ratings, interfered with me getting ride request, and prohibited me from meeting my uber driver ride quota for the week. I took the car to an uber vehicle inspection location where the car failed inspection. Uber was not happy with enterprise providing me with an unsafe vehicle.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Feb 042016

Focus

Driver was making an unprotected left turn into stopped traffic on a city street. As he was turning South (at approximately 5 mph) a North bound vehicle struck in the front driver's side quarter panel. The uniframe was damage and the wheel well was pushed into the engine compartment, damaging most of the engine components. None of the airbags deployed.

- Madison, AL, USA

Aug 062015

Focus

Many of the Ford Focus St 2015 models have problems with the front grill popping out. This creates a safety issue in the event the grill pops out while driving which could then damage the car, puncture tires, or hit other vehicles, drivers, or motorcyclist who may be following the vehicle. After submitting to an inspection, offering photo's, and even web links to 100's of others having the same problem Ford has no tsb or stated fix. According to the dealer the vehicle should be brought in and the body department find some way to anchor in the grill on affected vehicles. This is absolutely unsafe and ridiculous for brand new vehicles.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA