3.0

2015 Ford Focus steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Focus:

2015 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Nov 302016

Focus

I rented a vehicle from enterprise rent-A-car. I did not receive the vehicle I reserved and paid for. Three out of the four vehicles set aside for uber drivers were badly stained on the inside and not washed on the outside. The only vehicle option left for me to drive for uber was a 2015 Ford Focus, which was stained on the inside and not washed on the outside. I tried to ask for a refund and was told I had already paid for the rental and was locked into the agreement as an uber driver. I asked for a better vehicle and was told they did not have any at the time for me to trade the last vehicle out for. Basically, I was stuck with the vehicle. The car begins to jerk as I accelerate or drive. I informed the rental car branch, rental car customer service, and the rental car corporate office. None of these departments/divisions of enterprise rent-A-car seem to be concerned regarding the condition of the car nor how it functions. My uber passengers (esp. Male passengers) have brought it to my attention that it feels like the transmission is slipping and that I need to get it fixed. I have escalated the matter to uber so they are aware that enterprise is not maintaining the cars designated for uber drivers nor meeting their standards. I have contacted enterprise on numerous occasions to be put in another car or get my money back and they will not take ownership for their wrongdoing nor rectify the situation. The condition of the car and how it runs has affected my uber driver ratings, interfered with me getting ride request, and prohibited me from meeting my uber driver ride quota for the week. I took the car to an uber vehicle inspection location where the car failed inspection. Uber was not happy with enterprise providing me with an unsafe vehicle.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 082015

Focus

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Focus. While driving 45 mph, the steering wheel seized and became very difficult to drive. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the steering gear needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 6,000.

- Tucker, GA, USA

Sep 142015

Focus

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Focus. While driving 26 mph, the steering wheel seized and the passenger side wheels made an abnormal noise. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 216,000.

- Washington , DC, USA

Aug 302015

Focus

I rented this new 2015 Focus sedan from hertz at miami intl airport to drive 280 miles home to ocala, fl. The entire way, the steering grabbed, slipped and had a difficult time staying in one lane, the steering pulled to the left and to the right in a jerky dangerous manner. We were literally scared to drive the Focus but had to in order to get back home that night. I would never drive another Focus 2015, and I am a former dot employee.

- The Villages, FL, USA

Aug 252015

Focus

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Focus. While driving at low speeds and making a right turn, the steering wheel would become very difficult to turn. The failure occurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 900.

- Alkol, WV, USA