9.8

2015 Ford Focus windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Focus:

2015 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jun 242015

Focus 4-cyl

I traded this vehicle in from a 2012 Ford fiesta, which after three years had become a rolling disaster, from the faulty transmission to the always-dying battery and two recalls. The dealer assured me the 2015 Focus was redesigned and much better. I'll admit it drives much better, is roomier, and no jerking in the transmission like the fiesta's "automated manual" transmission did. But now when the vehicle gets hot, I smell an overwhelming smell of something burning, almost like a gasket, rubbery type smell. I don't know if it's brakes, engine oil, what. I told the service dept. About it, but they said with July they were short of help with vacations, and since the car only had 500 miles on it, I had "plenty of time" on the warranty, not to worry about it. They said to let it break in at least another 500 miles. So far I've not had smoke, starting or stalling problems like others have reported. I have broken in lots of brand new cars in my lifetime, and never, ever had a burning smell. I contacted Ford customer service and got the usual nonsense of "we'll escalate this issue with your local dealer, " and like the fiesta, nothing.....updated 11/13/15 the complaint has since been resolved. The local for dealer performed a thorough check of the vehicle and adjusted the climate control. Updated 11/17/15.

- Pound, VA, USA