2.5

2006 Ford Fusion miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Fusion:

2006 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Fusion

Air conditioning it'ssmell badly and don't work in side, in the motor work well, .

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Oct 132016

Fusion

Wrench light appeared on dash and while driving the car on the city streets the car has a sluggish start and then a bit of a burst and then light power as I accelerate. Also I have had to change door handles and locks 3 times since I have purchase. The handles just snap off. The car will unlock but I have to manually lock most locks and open the car by putting down the window.

- Upland, CA, USA

May 282015

Fusion

When driving the wrench light comes on and the car looses power. I can't accelerate. If I pull off the road and turn off the car and turn it back on it fixes it. Sometimes the check engine light comes on after that.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

May 272015

Fusion

My wife went to exit the vehicle and the interior handle gave way. The handle still operates, but you must now manually lock the door. A few weeks later I went to exit the vehicle from the drivers seat and that door handle broke completely. Now I have to lower my window and use the outside handle to open the drivers door. Last month the rear door on the passenger side stopped locking automatically and electronically. You must manually lock that door as well.

- Mexico, MO, USA

May 142015

Fusion

Interior door lock release have replaced 4 times all four doors! to exit car I have to put the window down and use the out side handle to open the door to exit vehicle. This could be a safety issue if after and accident there was not power to put the window down to open the door!

- Orlando, FL, USA

Nov 282011

Fusion 6-cyl

Shifts so hard it fells like engine will drop also loses power and almost caused an accident on highway.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

May 122011

Fusion

Interior drivers side door handle broke preventing the ability to open the door from the inside.

- North Flamouth, MA, USA

Jul 012010

Fusion

Millage and date are approximate but very close. The drivers door inside door handle broke, this failure made it impossible to open the car door from the inside. I have pictures documenting the failure which show the location of the failure. This could become very dangerous if the handle broke in a situation where an emergency exit was needed. I have called Ford and registered a complaint with them about this, I have also done some research online and from talking to my local dealer I have found that this is an entirely all to common occurrence. I am just now getting around to fixing this because the door latch has now stopped working (2/13/2011, ~38.000mi), I am assuming the failure of the door latch is a direct result of the broken interior handle and letting it go without being repaired.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Feb 072010

Fusion

Keys cannot be removed from ignition because of defective shifter mechanism. Button becomes stuck due to poorly manufactured piece and car can shift out of gear and roll away and cause injury. Keys can't be removed, doors can't be locked. $400+ to fix and not covered by warranty, even though a technical service bulletin was issued regarding the part? this should be considered a recall as it is a widespread problem. A quick google search revealed hundreds of other customers with the same problem! have not repaired the problem, because like I said, it is not covered by warranty and I can't afford it. This is dangerous! I just bought this car!

- Middleton, WI, USA