- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
2010 Ford Fusion
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.
The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.
Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.
Worst 2010 Fusion Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems34NHTSA complaints: 1042
- transmission problems18NHTSA complaints: 85
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 30
- AC / heater problems4
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 60
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 68
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 457
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 139
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 520
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 84
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 67
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Fusion Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Fusion compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Fusion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Fusion.