- August 18: Ford Recalls 26,400 Ford F-650 and F-750 Trucks
- August 15: Ford Headlights Not Working? Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Investigated
- August 8: Ford F-150 Aluminum-Body Crash Test Results
- August 4: Lincoln MKT Livery SUVs Recalled For Wrong Placard
- July 30: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Gets Green Light
2010 Ford Fusion
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.
The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.
Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.
Worst 2010 Fusion Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems56NHTSA complaints: 1394
- steering problems35NHTSA complaints: 314
- transmission problems29NHTSA complaints: 85
- interior accessories problems19NHTSA complaints: 39
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 524
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 125
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 191
- AC / heater problems4
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 14
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 36
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 87
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 689
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 44
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 22
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 17
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Fusion Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Fusion compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Fusion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Fusion.