- November 23: Ford Recalls 452,000 Cars To Fix Gas Tank Leaks
- November 21: Ford Recalls E-350 and E-450 For Trailer Brake Problems
- October 28: Ford Recalls 131,000 Vehicles, Mostly SUVs For Fire Risk
- October 20: Ford F-150 Electric Brake Vacuum Pump Investigation Upgraded
- October 3: Investigation Expanded Into Ford Explorer Police Interceptors
2010 Ford Fusion
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.
The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.
Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.
Worst 2010 Fusion Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems60NHTSA complaints: 1394
- steering problems45NHTSA complaints: 314
- transmission problems33NHTSA complaints: 85
- interior accessories problems20NHTSA complaints: 39
- fuel system problems9NHTSA complaints: 524
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 125
- AC / heater problems5
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 191
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 14
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 36
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 87
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 689
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 44
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 22
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 17
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Fusion Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Fusion compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Fusion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Fusion.