- January 25: Ford Fiesta and Focus Transmission Lawsuit Filed After Complaints
- January 20: Ford Trucks Investigated After Reports of Stalling Engines
- January 1: Ford Recalls Escape and Lincoln MKC SUVs
- December 18: Ford Recalls 500,000 Mustangs To Fix Exploding Airbags
- December 4: Ford Recalls Mustang Sports Cars and Transit Connect Cargo Vans
2010 Ford Fusion
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.
The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.
Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.
Worst 2010 Fusion Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems42NHTSA complaints: 1340
- transmission problems25NHTSA complaints: 85
- steering problems21NHTSA complaints: 214
- interior accessories problems17NHTSA complaints: 35
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 113
- AC / heater problems4
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 175
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 511
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 29
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 665
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 82
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 41
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 15
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 15
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Fusion Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Fusion compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Fusion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Fusion.