- November 25: Ford Cleared in Steering Defect Investigation of 500,000 Cars
- November 18: Ford Fusions Recalled So They Don't Roll Away
- November 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Fumes Lawsuit Still Breathing
- November 4: Ford Recalls 202,000 Vehicles For Numerous Defects
- October 30: Ford Recalls 205,000 SUVs That Can Catch Fire
2010 Ford Fusion
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.
The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.
Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.
Worst 2010 Fusion Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems41NHTSA complaints: 1267
- transmission problems25NHTSA complaints: 85
- steering problems15NHTSA complaints: 109
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 32
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 88
- AC / heater problems4
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 475
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 154
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 620
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 73
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 36
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 10
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 7
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Fusion Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Fusion compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Fusion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Fusion.