- July 17: Ford Lawsuit Claims Steering Defects in Ford Fusion and Focus Cars
- July 12: Investigation Looks at Steering Problems in 500,000 Ford Cars
- July 9: Ford Recalls Cars and SUVs for Flying Roof Glass and Roll Away Danger
- June 29: Ford Dealers Told How to Fix Rough Idle and Rattle Noise
- June 25: Ford Recalls F-150 Over Steering Problems, Tells Owners to Park Trucks
2010 Ford Fusion
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.
The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.
Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.
Worst 2010 Fusion Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems38NHTSA complaints: 1267
- transmission problems18NHTSA complaints: 85
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 32
- steering problems8NHTSA complaints: 109
- AC / heater problems4
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 88
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 475
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 154
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 23
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 620
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 73
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 36
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 10
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 7
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Fusion Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Fusion compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Fusion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Fusion.