- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 12 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 22 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 28 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 41 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 53 days ago
2012 Ford Fusion
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Power steering problems started rearing their ugly head in the 2010 Fusion, so you'd think Ford had plenty of time to make sure those problems didn't creep into the 2012. But here we are.
And much like the power steering, we’re still seeing the same throttle body failures that started in 2010 continue in 2012.
Worst 2012 Fusion Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- steering problems38NHTSA complaints: 485
- transmission problems32NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems21NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems21NHTSA complaints: 127
- AC / heater problems15NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems10NHTSA complaints: 47
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 69
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 11
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 41
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 45
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 79
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 24
- clutch problems1
- cooling system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 39
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- lights problemsNHTSA: 11
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Fusion Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Fusion compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Fusion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Fusion.