- June 19: Ford Wins Lincoln Town Car Airbag Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- June 3: Ford PowerShift Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus news | 19 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 25 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 28 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 28 days ago
2012 Ford Fusion
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Power steering problems started rearing their ugly head in the 2010 Fusion, so you'd think Ford had plenty of time to make sure those problems didn't creep into the 2012. But here we are.
And much like the power steering, we’re still seeing the same throttle body failures that started in 2010 continue in 2012.
Worst 2012 Fusion Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- steering problems45NHTSA complaints: 485
- transmission problems33NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems23NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems23NHTSA complaints: 127
- AC / heater problems17NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems12NHTSA complaints: 47
- electrical problems12NHTSA complaints: 69
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 11
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 41
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 45
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 79
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 24
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- clutch problems1
- cooling system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 39
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- lights problemsNHTSA: 11
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Fusion Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Fusion compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Fusion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Fusion.