- August 13: Ford Faces Exhaust Odor and Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- August 10: Three Police Officers Sue Ford Over Carbon Monoxide Exposure news | 6 days ago
- August 2: Lawsuit Says Ford Lifted Trucks Have Wrong Jacks and Spare Tires news | 14 days ago
- August 1: 'Built Ford Tough' is Mere 'Puffery,' Says Federal Judge news | 15 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 17 days ago
2012 Ford Fusion
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Power steering problems started rearing their ugly head in the 2010 Fusion, so you'd think Ford had plenty of time to make sure those problems didn't creep into the 2012. But here we are.
And much like the power steering, we’re still seeing the same throttle body failures that started in 2010 continue in 2012.
Worst 2012 Fusion Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- steering problems48NHTSA complaints: 485
- transmission problems33NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems24NHTSA complaints: 127
- interior accessories problems23NHTSA complaints: 9
- AC / heater problems21NHTSA complaints: 2
- electrical problems14NHTSA complaints: 69
- brakes problems12NHTSA complaints: 47
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 11
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 41
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 45
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 79
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 24
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- clutch problems1
- cooling system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 39
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- lights problemsNHTSA: 11
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Fusion Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Fusion compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Fusion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Fusion.