- January 26: Ford Recalls Ranger Trucks After Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 11 days ago
- January 22: Ford Ranger Driver Killed by Takata Airbag in South Carolina news | 15 days ago
- January 19: Ford Focus Door Latch Problems Earn Investigation investigations | 18 days ago
- January 10: Investigation Closed Into Ford Edge 22-Inch Alloy Wheels investigations | 27 days ago
- December 29: Ford Recalls 10,000 Vehicles For Engine Problems and Fire Risk recalls | 39 days ago
2012 Ford Fusion
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2012 Ford Fusion
Official recalls have been issued for the 2012 Ford Fusion by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Ford service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Ford customer service.
2012 Ford Fusion STEERING:ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM NHTSA Campaign #15V340000
Summary: Ford Moor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Ford Fusion vehicles without a 3.5L engine and Lincoln MKZ hybrid electric vehicles, 2011 Mercury Milan vehicles, 2011-2012 Ford Taurus, Ford Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Lincoln MKT vehicles equipped with a 3.5L GTDI engine and 2013 Ford Taurus, Ford Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Lincoln MKT vehicles equipped with any available engine. The affected vehicles have electric power steering assist systems that may shut down as a result of a steering motor sensor fault.
Consequence: If the vehicle experiences a loss of power steering assist, extra steering effort will be required at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will check the Power Steering Control Module (PSCM) for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). If dealers find any loss of steering assist DTCs, the steering gear will be replaced, free of charge. If, no codes are found during the PSCM inspection, the PSCM software will be updated, free of charge. The recall began on July 21, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S18. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V340000 »