- October 18: Ford Recalls 1.3 Million F-150 and Super Duty Trucks recalls | 1 days ago
- October 17: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Recall Needed, Safety Group Says news | 2 days ago
- October 13: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fears Will Be Calmed news | 6 days ago
- September 27: Ford Recalls F-150, F-650 and F-750 Trucks in 3 Recalls recalls | 22 days ago
- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 33 days ago
Sudden Deceleration, Loss Of Power
2010 Ford Fusion (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford significantly updated the Fusion for the 2010 model year. We wish they hadn't
Throttle body issues have led to a ton of reports about a sudden deceleration and loss of power while driving. Ford issued a “customer satisfaction program” in March 2014 that, unsurprisingly, has left very few customers satisfied.
2010 is also the year we started seeing complaints about the power steering failing. Throttle and steering failure? Yeah, that’s why this is a clunker.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 76,498 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 54 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (31 reports)
- replace throttle body (15 reports)
- replace throttle body actuator control (4 reports)
- restarting car, reset (2 reports)
- replace ignition coil (1 reports)
- replaced the electronics (1 reports)