- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 2 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 3 days ago
- February 13: Ford F-150 Downshifting Problems Cause Recall of 1.5 Million Trucks recalls | 3 days ago
- February 6: Ford Recalls 2019 Rangers For Rollaway Risk recalls | 10 days ago
- January 19: 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Recall Issued For 2,700 SUVs recalls | 28 days ago
Sudden Deceleration, Loss Of Power
2010 Ford Fusion (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford significantly updated the Fusion for the 2010 model year. We wish they hadn't
Throttle body issues have led to a ton of reports about a sudden deceleration and loss of power while driving. Ford issued a “customer satisfaction program” in March 2014 that, unsurprisingly, has left very few customers satisfied.
2010 is also the year we started seeing complaints about the power steering failing. Throttle and steering failure? Yeah, that’s why this is a clunker.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 77,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 55 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (32 reports)
- replace throttle body (15 reports)
- replace throttle body actuator control (4 reports)
- restarting car, reset (2 reports)
- replace ignition coil (1 reports)
- replaced the electronics (1 reports)