- November 5: Ford F-350 Valve Stem Leak Lawsuit Filed in Delaware news | 8 days ago
- October 30: Ford Edge Recall Needed For Seat Belt Problems recalls | 14 days ago
- October 29: Ford Transit Driveshaft Recall Permanent Fix Still Not Available recalls | 15 days ago
- October 27: Ford F-150 Downshift Recall Satisfies Federal Regulators investigations | 17 days ago
- October 16: Ford Ranger Recall: HVAC Blower Motor Fire Risk recalls | 28 days ago
Sudden Deceleration, Loss Of Power
2010 Ford Fusion (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford significantly updated the Fusion for the 2010 model year. We wish they hadn't
Throttle body issues have led to a ton of reports about a sudden deceleration and loss of power while driving. Ford issued a “customer satisfaction program” in March 2014 that, unsurprisingly, has left very few customers satisfied.
2010 is also the year we started seeing complaints about the power steering failing. Throttle and steering failure? Yeah, that’s why this is a clunker.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 77,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 55 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (32 reports)
- replace throttle body (15 reports)
- replace throttle body actuator control (4 reports)
- restarting car, reset (2 reports)
- replace ignition coil (1 reports)
- replaced the electronics (1 reports)