- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 4 days ago
- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 27 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Transit Vans After Reports of Fires recalls | 28 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls 2017 F-150 Over Transmission Problems recalls | 28 days ago
- October 25: Ford Recalls 2018 F-150 Trucks For Shift Lever Problems recalls | 29 days ago
2010 Ford Fusion
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford significantly updated the Fusion for the 2010 model year. We wish they hadn't
Throttle body issues have led to a ton of reports about a sudden deceleration and loss of power while driving. Ford issued a “customer satisfaction program” in March 2014 that, unsurprisingly, has left very few customers satisfied.
2010 is also the year we started seeing complaints about the power steering failing. Throttle and steering failure? Yeah, that’s why this is a clunker.
Worst 2010 Fusion engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- sudden deceleration, loss of power54
- running roughly, wrench light on8
- engine light on7
- engine failure3
- engine shuts off without warning3
- Bad ignition coils1
- engine rpms shoot up while using cruise control1
- high rev going down hill with cruise control on1
- running rough, wrench light on1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control758
- NHTSA: Engine625
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling84
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Fusion Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Fusion compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Fusion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Fusion.