2006 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Fusion:

2006 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Oct 082008

Fusion

I was proceeding through an intersection to turn left. A car that was supposed to stop ran the red light and T-boned me directly in the driver's side. His airbag deployed (front). My 2006 Ford Fusion is equipped with front and side airbags. None of them deployed. I was transported to the hospital with fractured ribs and ultimately, needed pt to restore my neck and left arm rotator cuff to full use and back to normal position. Progressive insurance insisted on repairing the car - total over $17,000 damage to vehicle. No one checked out airbag system and all assume it is working properly. I disagree. The door post where the sensors are located was smashed in, driver's door would not open, cut and rebuilt floor of car.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Aug 052009

Fusion

Car collision with another vehicle. The front end of my car hit the back end of the other vehicle. My rate of speed was approx. 40mph none of my airbags deployed.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA